Employers Rights re COVID-19
This is a one-hour virtual sponsor-to-member session with McMillan.
Who should attend? Acetech members and their leadership teams who want a better understanding of employers issues related to remote working, returning to work and vaccinations.
If you are responsible for a team of at least 3 people that are trying to solve large and complex problems, this workshop will be relevant to you. It is particularly relevant if your team is experiencing COVID fatigue, uncertainty in the marketplace, or rapid growth.
What you are going to get out of the workshop:
- What laws govern a remote worker’s employment
- What is an employer’s legal obligations with respect to health and safety in a remote working environment
- In which province or territory does an employer have to pay workers’ compensation premiums for remote workers
- Should an employer have a remote working policy or would an employer need to amend employment contracts to permit remote working
Return to work and vaccinations:
- Can an employer require an employee who has worked remotely during the pandemic to return to the office and what does an employer do if an employee refuses
- Can an employer compel an employee to get vaccinated as a condition of them returning to the office
- Can an employer compel an employee to disclose his/her vaccination status
Acetech members can email email@example.com for the promocode to access their FREE ticket!